Facebook is the medium of choice for many businesses when it comes to a social media marketing strategy. Why? Because Facebook has almost a billion users; it has become the social medium on which to connect and because, with its gazillion user-friendly features and apps, it’s just so damn cool!
Here are a few statistics and things (courtesy of consultant, Jeff Bullas, one of my favorite go-to guys for all things social media) you should know before using Facebook as a part of your business’ social media marketing campaign.
1. What Days of the Week are Best for Posting? Although there’s nothing wrong with posting on Facebook any given day of the week, statistics show that the best days to post are Wednesdays and Sundays.
2. What Times of the Day are Best for Posting? The best time to post on Facebook is between the hours of 8:00 PM and 7:00 AM. Apparently posting between these hours garner 20% more user engagement. So, if you want to increase traffic, “likes” and comments, analysis shows that it’s actually best to post during non-business hours, when users are not at work.
3. How Many Posts a Day Should you Create? Research dictates that it’s quality, not quantity, that matters most. Accordingly, posting one or two times per day generates 40% more user engagement.
4. How Many Times a Week Should you Post? By the same token, according to Bullas, you can, “Achieve maximum user engagement by not overcrowding users’ newsfeeds with too many Posts during the week. Posting one to four times produces 71% higher user engagement than five or more Posts in a given week for retail brands.”
No one wants to have their News Feeds inundated with an over abundance of posts – especially not if they’re all from the same person or company.
5. What is the Optimal Length for a Post? With respect to the length of posts, it would appear that more concise posts (posts between one and 40 characters in length) produce higher engagement than do longer posts. The statistic is, “Posts with 80 characters or less receive 66% higher engagement.”
6. What Kind of Content Sparks Dialogue? To get the dialogue ball rolling, ask questions of your fans. If you really want to generate lots of comments, there’s no better way to do it. If your objective is to really get fans talking, remember that, “question posts generate comment rates double that of “non-question” posts.”
7. What Keywords are Most Effective in Facebook Offer Posts? People respond best to uncomplicated and undemanding offers. Tell your fans what they’re getting in straightforward language. Bullas claims that keywords like “$ Off” and “Coupons” generate the highest fan engagement. On the flipside, keywords such as “Sale” and “% Off” receive the least fan engagement.
So, now that you’re armed with some of the best advice for posting on Facebook for business – get out there and get posting!! For more information and to best optimize your social media endeavors, why not join one of our Social Networking for Business seminar/workshops and we’ll equip you with everything you need to know! Just click on the link for a schedule of workshops in your area.