The concept is very simple – if you want people to “like” your Facebook business page, it has to be likeable! It isn’t just enough to set up your page and hope for people to notice it – it does take some time and an ongoing commitment to optimize the page and maintain its optimization. The beauty of social media, and in particular, Facebook, is that it offers you an opportunity not only to get people interested in your products and services, but also to build consistent relationships with your network – the people who are interested enough to visit your page.
Here are a few tips that are sure to help your business’ page become more likeable:
1. Keep it Cohesive: Try to keep your Facebook page as organized as possible. You want it to look clean and be cohesive, so that people are not left wondering what it is you’re offering them. If it’s disorganized, people will not “Like” it and will not be returning to check it out again. Spend some time on it and optimize it to its full potential.
2. Keep it Engaging: Part of keeping your page organized and cohesive, is keeping it up-to-date with fresh, quality content on a regular basis. Ensure that your content is informative, enlightening and helpful, but also change it up a bit sometimes. Each and every post does not have to be business related. Remember, it’s called ‘social’ media for a reason – try to display your human, personable side as well and post some jokes, humorous anecdotes or inspirational quotes. The idea is to engage your network – consistently engage and entertain – forget the hard sell – no one responds well to that.
3. Offer Deals & Incentives: Why not offer incentives to your loyal supporters as well as to entice new traffic to your Facebook page. You could offer special deals or rates to repeat viewers and those who are your constant supporters. Reward ‘new’ people just for visiting your page and you’ll see how many of them will be clicking that “Like” button! And, ten to one, they’ll want to share your Facebook page with their network of friends. Everyone likes to get a great deal!
4. Leverage all of your Social Networking sites: Make use of your other social networks as a means of promoting and enhancing your Facebook page. Another wonderful thing about social media is that they are highly interactive. If you have a Twitter account, for example (and you definitely should!!), use it to the max to promote your Facebook page. Tweet about those special deals you’re offering and ensure that you include a link to your Facebook page. If you have a blog (again, you definitely should!!), reiterate what you post on Facebook within your blog posts and vice versa – drive some serious attention to your blog by sharing engaging comments about your blog posts on Facebook. And, don’t forget to include the links so it’s easy for people to find you!
5. Encourage “Fans” to “Like” & “Share”: A gentle reminder to the “fans” in your network to click on the “Like” button (or to “share” your info with their friends) never hurts. Go ahead and post reminders on your status updates – it’s so simple for people to do it and it’s amazing how far-reaching your message can become when your fans click that little “Share” button. More sharing = more “Likes”!
A likeable Facebook business page that everyone is clamoring to visit is a rewarding accomplishment for you and your business. It’s also a most attainable objective. If you can spare minimal time each day or even every couple of days to maintain your page’s optimization, your Facebook page will be your business’ most valuable asset!
Need help getting started? Join one of our Social Networking for Business workshops and we’ll teach you all you need to know to create a likeable Facebook business page and get noticed!
For a schedule of workshops in your area, please visit: http://www.escomputertraining.com/courses/details/industry/2/course/20